Papers & Presentations
The following are a selection of technical papers delivered by GRM, our customers and our partners
- The Future powertrain Conference 2020, Kyle Grubb, 2020
- The Head Injury Criteria and Future Accident Investigations, JM Davies et al, 2019
- Modelling of the Overcasting Reinforcement Process using the LS-DYNA ICFD Solver, James Burt, 2019
- An Investigation Into Optimisation Methods In A Multiphysics Domain, Lawrence Holness, 2018
- Using CAE and Optimisation Tools to Design Lighter and Safer Train Seats, Marine Favre Decloux, 2016
- Optimisation of a Fork Bottom for AM, Andrew Triantiphylou, Technology Lead, The MTC, 2015.
- The commercial and performance benefits of applying structural optimisation to modern engineering design, Martin Gambling, 2014
- Understanding the Factors Governing Motorsport Safety Fence Design Through DOE Techniques, Andrew Mellor & Joe Johnson, 2013
- Multi-Disciplinary Topology Optimisation for Vehicle Bonnet Design, David Salway, 2013.
- Applying RDM to Automotive BIW Automotive Design, Oliver Tomlin, 2013
- The Importance of Educating our Future Engineers in Optimisation, Kelvin Lake, 2013
- Composite Laminate Optimisation using VR&D Genesis, Adam Moore, 2013
- Validation of a Thermoplastic Composite Material Model for Low Carbon Vehicle Applications, Oliver Tomlin, 2012.
- The Application of FEA in the Optimisation of Die Cast Components & the Consequent Reduction in Development Costs & Time, Kelvin Lake, 2010.
- Efficient Shape Optimisation of an Aircraft Landing Gear Door Locking Mechanism by Coupling Abaqus to GENESIS, Mark Arnold, 2009.
- Efficient Topology, Topometry and Sizing Optimisation for LS-DYNA Analysis Problems Coupling LS-DYNA to VR&D GENESIS, Martin Gambling, 2008.
- Practical Examples of Efficient Design Optimisation by Coupling VR&D GENESIS and LS-DYNA, Martin Gambling, 2008.
- A comparison of Vanderplaats R&D's new STRDOT and DSCDOT optimisers against its BIGDOT Optimiser in the application of Formula 1 monocoque design, Martin Gambling, 2008.