As a company driven to continually develop new ideas to solving engineering challenges, working at GRM is a place where your ideas and efforts will thrive. GRM’s success is based on the delivery to customers at the highest standard by its team of engineers and developers.
At GRM you will be challenged but your efforts valued and rewarded. The efforts of each member of our team makes a real difference to our continued growth and development. Career progression and the personal growth of our team are therefore recognised as being key to enabling GRM to achieve its goals.
Working at GRM delivers:
- A culture that values the contributions of its staff
- An environment focused on communication and delivery to the highest standard
- Promotion and development based upon skills, delivery and motivation
- Benefits that go beyond career satisfaction
FEA (Finite Element) Software Development Engineer - £25-£40K plus company pension
The Role:GRM are seeking an enthusiastic and talented individual to join our software development team. As both a CAE based engineering consultancy and software development business, we are looking for a new team member to join our engineering software development activities. Working as part of a small and friendly development team you will be involved in an interesting and diverse range of activities. These will include optimisation solver development, process automation, pre & post-processing, UI development and database management.
The ideal candidate will have a mechanical (or similar) engineering background with strong FEA knowledge and some demonstrable programming / scripting experience. We will also consider software developers with relevant experience and a mathematical background. They will possess a 2:1 or better degree in a STEM subject, good understanding of linear algebra and excellent problem solving skills. This role would suit an engineer who finds themselves writing and leveraging scripts to optimise their FE workflows and wishes to expand on this.
Qualifications & Software Experience:We use a wide variety of programming languages depending on application, these include:
We will provide training and guidance for languages that are new to you and would encourage candidates with alternate programming / scripting experience to apply. We primarily develop on Windows but many of our applications are cross platform so a working knowledge of Linux systems is desirable.
- Developing the design and implementation of high quality problem solutions both based upon existing code and from scratch. This includes both UI elements and back end code.
- Documenting workflows
- Creation of documentation / tutorials
- Maintaining / developing installers
- Dealing with technical support queries
- Software testing / debugging
- Technical support to FEA optimisation software customers
- Knowledge of linear algebra libraries - eg in C++ Eigen / PETSC
- Experience using FEA pre/post processors (Hypermesh, Patran, SimCenter etc…)
- Experience with version control systems, ideally git
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Strong office application skills (Microsoft and/or Google docs)
Salary:£25k to £40k plus company pension
(dependent on relevant experience).